Monday 2 January 2017

Feeling Brave?

Well, it's almost over... Critical reflection looks finished and I'm working on the final draft of my Professional Artefact, still having a panic but I can see the end!

I spent a long time trying to find a way to deliver my artefact, because I'm quite into my technology I really wanted to use a website or some form of audio visual concept. But after starting a first draft using this type of delivery I had a bit of an epiphany; If my artefact is for the benefit of professionals who aren't comfortable using technology but are interested in starting to integrate technology based products then why use just a high tech format for my artefact?

I am using an acronym as the basis for my artefact, I wanted to use a concept that could be easily memorised and used as part of a Professional Musician's day to day practice. During my inquiry the same five topics kept reappearing while I was mapping results:

Benefits - How the pruduct could help with professional practice
Reviews - Peer reviews or magazine articles
Attributes - Does the product have the features the professional need and is there room for growth?
Value - How much does the product cost, and will the professional get value for their money?
Ease of Use - How straightforward is the product to use?

I'm calling this the BRAVE concept, there is a need to reassure an individual who is about to use new technology in a high pressure environment and I feel that the five topics that form this concept cover the major potential pitfalls a Professional Musician could have when they are thinking about trying or buying a new product to use for live performances or studio sessions for example. This concept could work equally as well for an individual who is more comfortable with using technology in general but would like some guidance to help make a better informed decision about a particular product.

If you were buying a new piece of technology to work with would you find this concept useful? And do you think there are any topics missing?

1 comment: