Tuesday 12 April 2016

My Professional Enquiry plan

It's taken me a while to put a blog up this term, I've started to work in the education sector as a Music and Media Technician and it has left me with a lot less time to study recently. I'm starting to get this all back on track over the next week or so!

I would like to look into the importance of networking as a professional Musician, and especially how modern technologies such as mobile communications and the use of the Internet have affected the way Musicians maintain working relationships and ultimately keep themselves in work. My Professional Enquiry will be based around the following questions:

Do you use an online portfolio to offer your services to potential new clients?

How quickly and easily can you communicate and keep contact with clients and fellow professionals?

How much of your work would you attribute to having an online presence?

Do you use technology in your everyday gigging or teaching? For example, an iPad to display music, a laptop to sequence backing tracks or a video camera to record and document your work for your own personal reflection and possibly to share on social media.

Which websites do you advertise yourself on?

And which forms of media do you use as part of your portfolio (audio, video, pictures)?

Do you prefer to build and maintain your online presence yourself or do you have someone else do it for you? And if you do, are they a friend/family member or do you outsource to a professional third party?

How often do you update/add to your details?

Do you list your portfolio on other websites? If so, which ones?

That's all I have for now, if you can add to this please let me know in the comments section :-)

Cheers!

Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment